SUMMER READERS: Remember you have until Aug. 1 to complete your reading log and collect your book!
Summer Readers saddle up and join us at the Brown County Public Library for Summer Reading 2013. Sign up begins on Monday, June 3 at the main library in Nashville, and Tuesday, June 4 at the Cordry Sweetwater Branch. Every age is invited to join!
How does it work?
- Sign up and get your packet which includes a calendar, reading log, cow punch card, bookmark, and a code breaker.
- Instead of reading for time this year, we are encouraging everyone to read for a period of time EVERY day. Decide if you want to be a Tenderfoot or an Old Hand. Tenderfeet must read at least 40 days between June 3rd and July 31st . Old Hands must read a least 50 days between June 3rd and July 31st. Each day you read,” brand”a steer. When your whole herd has been branded you have earned a book.
- Name that Outlaw: each week a code will be posted. Use the code key in your packet to find out who the outlaw of the week is. When you have broken the code, you can enter a weekly drawing for a western prize.
- Cow Punch Card: Bring in one item of animal food per week to get a punch on your cow punch card. When the card is full (5 punches) your name goes into a drawing for a prize. Food will be donated to the Brown County Humane Society and Mother’s Cupboard.
- Watch the library events calendar on the web page for information about Special Events (weekly programs).
- Any questions? Call the library at 812-988-2850.
- See you at the Old Corral (Library)!!