Summer Readers saddle up and join us at the Brown County Public Library for Summer Reading 2013. Sign up begins on Monday, June 3 at the main library in Nashville, and Tuesday, June 4 at the Cordry Sweetwater Branch. Every age is invited to join!
How does it work?
- Sign up and get your packet which includes a calendar, reading log, cow punch card, bookmark, and a code breaker.
- Instead of reading for time this year, we are encouraging everyone to read for a period of time EVERY day. Decide if you want to be a Tenderfoot or an Old Hand. Tenderfeet must read at least 40 days between June 3rd and July 31st . Old Hands must read a least 50 days between June 3rd and July 31st. Each day you read,” brand”a steer. When your whole herd has been branded you have earned a book.
- Name that Outlaw: each week a code will be posted. Use the code key in your packet to find out who the outlaw of the week is. When you have broken the code, you can enter a weekly drawing for a western prize.
- Cow Punch Card: Bring in one item of animal food per week to get a punch on your cow punch card. When the card is full (5 punches) your name goes into a drawing for a prize. Food will be donated to the Brown County Humane Society and Mother’s Cupboard.
- Watch the library events calendar on the web page for information about Special Events (weekly programs).
- Any questions? Call the library at 812-988-2850.
- See you at the Old Corral (Library)!!